My daughter and wife have been hounding me for a list of stuff I want for Christmas this year so I am bringing back the online version of my Christmas list in case anyone else wants to get me something. Now this isn’t all going to be Computer/Geek stuff. This list is in no particular order of preference.
- The Complete Calvin and Hobbes – $105.00 – Barnes & Nobles
The entire body of Calvin and Hobbes cartoons will be published in a truly noteworthy tribute to this singular cartoon. Composed of three hardcover, four-color volumes in a sturdy slipcase, this edition will include all Calvin and Hobbes cartoons that ever appeared in syndication.
- George Carlin Collection DVD – $71.98 – Barnes & Nobles – This collection has the first show I ever saw. I learned all the bits and drove my parents and grandparents nuts repeating them word by dirty word. 🙂
Still in its infancy in 1977 and enjoying freedom as the first subscription cable network, HBO aired a two-hour performance by George Carlin, a name as synonymous with comedy as it is with the limits of the socially acceptable. The George Carlin Collection compiles five of those broadcasts, spanning from 1977 to1990: On Location with George Carlin, George Carlin Again!, Carlin at Carnegie, Carlin on Campus, and George Carlin: Personal Favorites. These were some of Carlin’s funniest years, making this collection a valuable documentation of a comedian in peak form.
- The Complete Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics – $24.50 – Barnes & Nobles
“Let there be songs to fill the air.” For decades, the Grateful Dead did their best to fulfill their proclamation, creating hundreds of songs for their appreciative fans. In this 448-page labor of love, astute Deadhead David Dodd presents and annotates every original lyric by the famed West Coast rock band. A long, strange, productive trip.
- Grateful Dead Wall 2006 Calendar – 14.39 – Barnes & Nobles
The official 2006 Grateful Dead Calendar showcases the band’s exotic concert venues, both current and vintage. Over 30 rarely published photos show the Dead in such fabled locales as Egypt, Red Rocks, JFK Stadium, Las Vegas, The Gorge, the Fillmore East, and others. Images feature every band member along with guest performers doing what they do best – jamming out the tunes! A wealth of album art, Grateful Dead minutiae, and memorabilia of all kinds gives fans a daily reminder of the joy of all things Dead.
- Grateful Dead – Dick’s Picks 1 – 36 Set – $650.00 – Grateful Dead Official Store – Yes I D/L shows but it’s nice to get all the Dicks Picks as well!
- Grateful Dead -Any Dick’s Picks – $21.00 – $25.00 – Grateful Dead Official Store – Yes I D/L shows but it’s nice to get the Dicks Picks As well!
- Doctor Who: 2006 Dalekmania Calendar – $12.95 – doctorwhostore.com – Yes I know 2 calendars on the same list
- Black Talking Dalek w/Infrared Remote Control – $44.95 – doctorwhostore.com
From the movie Doctor Who and the Daleks comes this special edition of talking daleks with infrared remote control. These 8″ electronic taking daleks feature:- Authentic Movie Dalek dialogue
– Head scans left and right as dalek patrols
– Infrared remote control
– Available in three classic Movie Dalek colours
- No, I will not fix your computer T-Shirt – $14.99 – Thinkgeek.com
There is nothing more frustrating on this earth than constantly being asked to help other people with their petty computer problems. Of course if your job description dictates that you have to fix other peoples computers, then there is nothing so frustrating as being forced to do so 😉
- Chuck Taylor® All Star® Black, Canvas HI Top – Size 9 – Any where you can find them
When he was done playing the game, he was its most devoted ambassador. And there’s never been another like him. That’s why the classic design hasn’t changed since Chuck wore them himself. Canvas upper bears the original Chuck Taylor® “Patch” logo. No matter what your size, these are big shoes to fill.
- DELL UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand – $579.00 – Dell
The Dell™ UltraSharp™ 2005FPW 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor is a wide aspect desktop display that redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish new Dell industrial design, and advanced functionality. Watch DVDs in natural format and run multiple applications simultaneously. Improve productivity with less scrolling and toggling. The 2005FPW wide aspect Flat Panel LCD also provides an excellent option for video editing and 3D imaging as both source and destination video can be viewed in a single window! With 4 USB 2.0 ports, 2 located on the side, the 2005FPW gives users convenient access points to plug in devices such as keyboards, digital cameras, secondary hard drives and printers. It also supports advanced features such as PIP (picture in picture) and PBP (picture by picture) and can be activated with a touch of a button on the front of the display. With 5.1 inches (130 mm) of height adjustment virtually every user can adjust the display to their exact comfort level and help reduce eye and neck strain.