Looking back at Thanksgiving 2008 I see things that need to be changed:
- Don’t put turkey in the smoker at 6:44 now that I know it will be done in three hours
- Get the house cleaned and the tables set up the night before
- Eat some lunch while working during the day….maybe put some other meat on the smoker for lunch while the Turkey cooks.
- Set the dinner time earlier then four o’clock
- Have all the food ready before the first guest (cousin Tim & family 🙂 ) gets to the house, this way you are only dealing with the guests food in the kitchen
- Set the wine and drinks up in the living room
I am sure I will think of other things later and will add them to the list. Over all the whole day was good. I was really done with my cooking about 9:30 Am since the Turkey got done so fast. The dressing could have been done sooner and just thrown back into the oven to warm.
The food others brought was great and I am Thankful that I have a great family who like to cook and of course eat. There were a ton of leftovers so we will be eating them for the next few days.
Now it’s time to figure out what we are going to do for Christmas dinner. I am thinking of having the whole crew back over for that but on a smaller scale….no Turkey.
So to those who are traveling this holiday be safe and have a great time.