With only 2 shopping days left in this holiday season, I thought I would give you a few more ideas for my Christmas list. All of this can be found in the Lawrence, NJ Area so you all can go out and pick it up. If there is a (wb) at the end of the description then I wrote it.
- The Blues Brothers – B&N – $11.46 - This is my all time favorite movie. I remember going to see this at the now closed Eric Penn Jersey theater and laughing so loud. The band is made up of classic musicians. If you have never seen this movie take the time to get it. (wb)
- Pink Floyd: The Wall a.k.a. The Wall (the movie) – B&N – $14.39 – Pink Floyd’s album “The Wall” was released 30 years ago and was an album that I own both on vinyl that I played all the time after it was released and on CD. The movie was release in 1982 and stared Bob Geldof, we use to watch this movie a lot during high school at my house. I went a few time to see it at the Midnight Movies at the theater at the Arnot Mall. (wb)
- Ad Hoc at Home by Thomas Keller – B&N – $29.25 – In Ad Hoc at Home…a cookbook inspired by the menu of his casual restaurant Ad Hoc in Yountville…he showcases more than 200 recipes for family-style meals. This is Keller at his most playful, serving up such truck-stop classics as Potato Hash with Bacon and Melted Onions and grilled-cheese sandwiches, and heartier fare including beef Stroganoff and roasted spring leg of lamb. In fun, full-color photographs, the great chef gives step-by-step lessons in kitchen basics… here is Keller teaching how to perfectly shape a basic hamburger, truss a chicken, or dress a salad. Best of all, where Keller’s previous best-selling cookbooks were for the ambitious advanced cook, Ad Hoc at Home is filled with quicker and easier recipes that will be embraced by both kitchen novices and more experienced cooks who want the ultimate recipes for American comfort-food classics.
- Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking – B&N – $16.37 – There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread to fill a kitchen with warmth, eager appetites, and endless praise for the baker who took on such a time-consuming task. Now, you can fill your kitchen with the irresistible aromas of a French bakery every day with just five minutes of active preparation time, and Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day will show you how.
- Bread Bible – B&N – $25.20 – The title says is all. After reading this in Barnes & Nobles a few times it’s a book I know that I need in my kitchen. I have been wanting to start making bread like I use to with my grandfather, but i also want to learn the science behind the bread making. (wb)
Acer Aspire One AOD250-1842 – P.C. Richards & Son – $329.97 – Just 1" thin and under 3 lb., the 10.1" Aspire One D250 is sleek, slim and attractive. Robust features combined with its compact size make this netbook the ultimate take-me-with-you partner.
The 10.1" LED-backlit display presents you with bright, clear images for an enjoyable viewing experience, while a small-yet-powerful processor and ample hard drive deliver the pleasure of full-size notebook performance without the bulk and weight.
So that’s it for the my quick list for you. Hope you all have a great Holiday and Happy New Year.